Chimney Fires Are Preventable
Every year in the United States there are more than 25,000 chimney fires. On average these yearly fires cause cost more than $125 million in property damage.
These tragedies can be preventable. Regular inspection, cleaning, and repair of your chimney can help prevent malfunction or dangerous build-up that could put your family at risk.
Follow these prevention tips to help avoid chimney fires, that could save your family!
- Minimize creosote build-up in the chimney
- Get an annual chimney inspection
- Clean your chimney or have it professionally cleaned when you discover a 1/8-inch layer of build-up on the walls
- Install an appropriate fitting chimney cap
- Use only safe approved fire starters
- Practice clean burning techniques Only
If you experience a chimney fire that causes smoke or soot damage up your house, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Walker & Winston Counties to clean your home properly.