Tips for a Longer Lasting Roof
Tips on maintaining your roof:
- Make sure that any trellises, gutters and other additions to your roof are not rotting and are suitably attached.
- Get an annual inspection from a licensed, experienced roofer. If you get overwhelmed by google, call our office today for a few local companies that we like to work with.
- Confirm with said roofer that all seams, especially those around chimneys and where a flat roof meets the pitched roof or a wall, are sealed properly to help prevent water intrusion.
- Ensure that any roof cleaning is performed by a professional with extensive experience and proper equipment and products.
- Get a stamp of approval that there is sufficient airflow in and out of the attic, proper ventilation is key to prevent moisture getting trapped in your attic space.
- And don’t forget that you shouldn’t wait around to repair or replace the roof when needed, it is one part of your home that is worth staying on top of.
In the end, a smaller investment is worth it to make sure that you are guaranteeing a well maintained roof. The little bits of extra work can go a long way toward helping prevent a loss down the road. If you suspect that you may have a moisture issue or water intrusion into your building from your roof, give our SERVPRO of Walker & Winston Counties team a call to help get your loss back to normal “Like it never even happened.”